Mr. White has been with IBK Capital Corp. since 1991. During this time, he has been involved in private placement financings totalling over $600 million for emerging companies in mining and metals and technology.
He has also been active in financial advisory assignments and industry developments including: advisory and financing services to Great Bear Resources Ltd. (now Kinross Gold Corp.) regarding its Red Lake gold discovery and partnership with Rob McEwen; advisory and financing services to create Canada Nickel Company Inc. and its pursuit of future net-carbon-zero nickel production from its nickel deposits in Timmins, Ontario; advisory and financing services to POET Technologies Inc. for its disruptive photonics solutions for data communications; advisory and financing services to Eagle Hill Exploration Corp. (now Osisko Mining Inc.) on its purchase and development of the Windfall gold project in Quebec; advisory and financing services to Western Goldfields Inc. (now New Gold Inc.) on its purchase and development of the Mesquite gold mine in south-eastern California; advisory and financing services to Noront Resources Ltd. in the wake of a major nickel discovery at its Double Eagle Project in Northern Ontario, Canada; and, advisory services to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador with respect to its arrangements with Inco Ltd. over the development of the nickel deposit at Voisey’s Bay.
Mr. White’s professional experience includes the following:
• Active member of the TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee
• Active founding member of the Private Capital Markets Association (PCMA)
• Active member and External Committee member of the Morrissette Entrepreneurship Advisory Board at Western University
• Active member of the Ivey Business Plan Competition at the Ivey Business School
• Former member of the Ivey Entrepreneurship Advisory Council
• Former member of the Hawthorn School Board of Directors
Mr. White graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Geology from the University of Western Ontario in 1994, and a Masters of Business Administration degree from the Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario in 2000.